to warming cab or not

Discussion about Reverse Flow Smokers
brdbkr79
beginner
beginner

to warming cab or not

Post by brdbkr79 » September 13th, 2019, 10:30 am

so my build got a little out of hand since i ended up going from a 24"x48" cook chamber to a 34.625x72" chamber because thats what i found for a cheap tube. i'm wondering if the wc on this big of a reverse flow is even worth the time and extra weight of the build. I plan on selling this one to finance building a couple gravity setups any input is welcome.

Don't worry that finger will grow back.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Re: to warming cab or not

Post by towtruck » September 13th, 2019, 2:10 pm

If the cost of adding the warmer will bring your selling price up I say go for it. Are you putting it on a trailer?

brdbkr79
beginner
beginner

Post by brdbkr79 » September 13th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Yes putting a trailer under it. I’ve got an old boat trailer that I’m robbing the axle out of and making a square tube frame.

Don't worry that finger will grow back.

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » Yesterday, 12:27 am

I would suggest finding a buyer before you build it and ask them what they want. A price could be settled on before hand so you don’t have to bicker later.

I find that people have a hard time spending money on a home made smoker. They don’t understand the cost of materials or the time commitment. The warmer adds to both and may make it more difficult to find a buyer. On the other hand, it could increase your profits.

Return to “Reverse Flow Smokers”