Announcing our Official Spring 2017 Gathering!
Forty_Creek and JohnHarvey have done a fantastic job of locating a spot for this gathering!
It will be April 20 through April 23 and will be located at Lake Bistineau State Park in Doyline, Louisiana. Here is a link to the park website:
Click here : Lake Bistineau State Park in Doyline, Louisiana
- We have reserved Private Group area #1 which includes a huge dining hall/commercial kitchen and 20 cabins, sleeping up to 160 people!
- No need to bring a tent or RV to this one!
- All park buildings are smoke free environments (Uh Oh ) including cabins and lodges.
- Cabins and Lodges are furnished with basic kitchen utensils, pots, bed linens, pillows and towels.
- The enclosed pavilion is air conditioned with fridge freezer industrial ice maker industrial sink and stove.
- Shower houses have 5-6 stalls each and are super clean.
- 2 kids playground areas and a volleyball area
- More details to follow as we figure them out
Click here : 2017 SmokerBuilder.com Spring Gathering Sign Up Form
http://www.smokerbuilder.com/2017-smoke ... n-up-form/
From Shreveport: Take I-20 east to exit 33 (Haughton/Filmore). Go to the right and then take an immediate left on Hwy 3227, which dead ends into Hwy 164. Take a right on 164 and go about 4-5 miles until you reach the town of Doyline. Take a right at the flashing caution light (Hwy 163). keep straight about 8 miles. Look for Lake Bistineau State Park Area 1 sign to the right. Turn left to enter main gate. Stop by the Park Office for further instructions!
Please stay tuned! We will update this thread as more information comes together......