Grilled Corn

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
Mo Smoke
Expert
Expert

Grilled Corn

Post by Mo Smoke » July 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm

I love grilled corn on the cob.. wouldn’t have it any other way ever since the first time I tried it at home. First few times i stripped it from the husks and wrapped it in foil. Then I left it bare once but over cooked it. The next time I was in the store buying some, I started stripping the husks off so I could get a good look at it and a guy came up to me and started telling me how he leaves the corn in the husks and cooks it that way.. I tried it and was hooked. The silk strings are a small pain, but man.. the flavor and texture of the corn ! Juicy, firm, and sweet. I eat mine plain. No butter or salt needed. Been doing it this way for a few years now. Then last cook, I tried something new. Stripped the husks off, pulled all the silk, and cooked it bare high above the flame. It was equally awesome ! Had more of a roasted texture. A few grill marks. A little more firm and not as juicy, perfect for adding a little butter.. almost like popcorn ! Now I don’t know which I like better....Am I the only one? What’s your favorite way to do corn ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke em if ya got em.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Re: Grilled Corn

Post by towtruck » July 8th, 2019, 12:39 pm

One real good way is to wipe the corn down with mayonnaise, roll in Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika....wrap in foil and cook over the coals....so good.

mp4
Expert
Expert
Title: Independent Thinker
BBQ Comp Team Name: Just a few backyard for fun competitions.

Post by mp4 » July 8th, 2019, 6:50 pm

towtruck wrote:One real good way is to wipe the corn down with mayonnaise, roll in Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika....wrap in foil and cook over the coals....so good.
I'll have to give that a whirl...

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » July 8th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Mine gets grilled. Soak the unhusked corn in water then grill it. I turn it every so often.

Return to “FOOD!”