Johnney had the idea a while back to do a contest like this so here are the
- Smoker Must have a cook chamber of less than 10 gallons capacity
- you can not use anything (permanently attached to the smoker or required for use) you already have except for consumables and paint
- you must "Find" everything that will be part of the smoker. "Find": bought, traded, picked up off the road, junk yard, salvage, get paid to haul off or any of the sort....
- smoker must be of a reverse flow design. can be vertical, horizontal, or any other way you can think of just so it goes in one way and comes out a different way.
- material procurement MUST be documented in your thread. Take a pic of where you got it in it's natural state and tell us about the deal
- Cook Chamber Material, Fire Box Material, and Door Handles can not be of new materials
- Winners will be judged by 3 categories.... Cheapest Build Cost, Most Unique Design, and Best Appearance
- there will be 3 winners, ties will be decided by a re-vote between the ties
- Theme builds get 2 "Bonus Votes" added to their total member votes
- You MUST post some Q-View that was cooked on your completed smoker before your build is considered "Complete"
- Start a thread in this category with the phrase "scavenger build entry" in the title of your thread.
- Entries start today. entries will no longer be accepted after May 12th 2013
- Contest expires July 5th 2013
- all threads will be "Locked" on July 5th 2013 at midnight or so
This is gonna be awesome!!!!!
Everyone should enter this contest.....
The first 5 completed builds win a FREE SmokerBuilder T-Shirt
Click here : Click Here to start your thread!