Any plans for a humphreys battle box clone?

Smoker Clones are your own version of a commercially available Smoker. Examples are Stumps, Jambo, Backwoods, or any other you want to try to copy.
Bbqnoob

Any plans for a humphreys battle box clone?

Post by Bbqnoob » October 4th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Hi everyone,

First time poster here and with the amount of knowledge here, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm was looking to purchase my first ever smoker and came across the humphreys battle box. The 2015 model seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but being in Australia and the exchange rate not being the best at the moment, I can't really justify getting it. I d been reading through these forums and it seems like building your own smoker is a very doable project.

With that said, would anyone have any plans they can share or at least point me in the right direction to plans that can build a reverse flow, cabinet smoker like the humphreys battle Box?

Any help would be awesome!

Atama
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker
Title: Member

Re: Any plans for a humphreys battle box clone?

Post by Atama » October 4th, 2015, 8:42 pm

If you are thinking of going to the trouble of building a RF cabinet, you should give some consideration to a Stumps clone (also known as a Gravity Feed). Check out some of the build threads just below this one. They are pretty slick!

Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Post by Puff » October 4th, 2015, 9:22 pm

After reading up on the battle box you may find the mini-gravity feed would fit the bill nicely. Especially if you are the builder. The variables that you can control would mean the finished product is defined by your exacting standards. The skills for measuring, cutting and welding the steel are some prerequisites but if you have a little bit of these abilities you are in for a terrific build.

You should search the site for these gravity feed builds and then look here... http://www.smokerplans.net/index.php?ma ... cts_id=177

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

Bbqnoob

Post by Bbqnoob » October 4th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you for the quick replies. I had a look and a gravity fed smoked might indeed be the way forward. Just a question about using them though, say I filled the chute up with charcoal and after finishing my cook, how do I clear out the remaining charcoal or do I just leave it in there for the next cook? And if I do just leave it in there, how are they started for the next cook?

Also, I have. Cyberq that I currently use with my Kamado. I'm guessing I'll be able to use it with this as well?

Thank you again for the help!

Bbqnoob

Post by Bbqnoob » October 4th, 2015, 11:27 pm

Atama wrote:If you are thinking of going to the trouble of building a RF cabinet, you should give some consideration to a Stumps clone (also known as a Gravity Feed). Check out some of the build threads just below this one. They are pretty slick!
By the way, nice build on the other thread atama!

Return to “Smoker Clones”