Matter of fact... I recommend you hire an LP or Natural gas certified technician to do the work for you!
LP, Natural, and Butane gases are dangerous and can cause serious injury or even death if the proper safety precautions are not used while using or handling them.
We are making this post in an interest to educate on one of the many ways to make your gas burner safe to use. We are not recommending you to use this process or any part of it.
Be Careful! Use this at your own risk!
Ok, now that that is over. here ya go.
there are several methods and a ton of different parts available for you to use to make your gas burner safe to use for your cooker. one more time... this is dangerous to attempt if you don't understand that already.
For those of you who are going to "flame war" me over this post... I feel it is more dangerous for people to attempt this without any info than it is to have this nice little guide to at least start with.
Here is one method you can use. you will need:
- Pilot assembly similar to this one- http://www.baso.com/Section/Products/Pi ... urner.html
- some pilot tubing. usually 1/4" OD aluminum tubing. comes in a rollhttp://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Pilot-Tu ... 122&sr=1-1
- A flame safety valve. these things come in all different configs. here is one of my favorites- http://www.baso.com/Section/Products/Ga ... Valve.html
- A thermocouple that matches your valve and the pilot assembly.- http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-CQ100A- ... 081&sr=8-2
- whatever hardware you need to position these parts securely in a safe place.
- enough pipe and materials to get the pilot safety valve away from the heat of the firebox or any other heat source.
Follow these instructions very carefully!
- Gas Valve- http://www.baso.com/lib/subdomain/baso/ ... ctions.pdf
- Pilot Assembly application guide- http://www.baso.com/lib/subdomain/baso/ ... 20note.pdf
- Pilot assembly application note- http://www.baso.com/lib/subdomain/baso/ ... 20note.pdf
- pilot assembly product info- http://www.baso.com/lib/subdomain/baso/ ... mation.pdf
here is how a properly installed thermocouple should look when it is used with this style of pilot assembly...
here is a pic of the Baso H15 Gas valve that I am recommending...