Got a pleasant surprise tonight

Discussion about Woods for smoking
Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Got a pleasant surprise tonight

Post by Puff » May 12th, 2014, 8:07 pm

This picture I had from March 2013, about 6 months after Hurricane Sandy terrorized the area. I still have about 10 trees out in the woods to cut and drag back to the area I store everything. It's not fun work as you guys know.
image.jpg
This is the edge of our useable living space where the woods start to over take the place, so I stack wood near a shed here.
image.jpg
This picture shows a large tree in the background ( the one leaning to the left) that I was wondering which way to take down. Just happened to have this picture of the pellet tray starting to burn with the tree in it, and the stump from the other one that fell near my garage( that stump is about 38" across). I have a stranded wire cable and a deadman to attach to the pickup and start cutting....however, this scared me a bit since the tree is big and if it should fall badly, there is no recovery.
image.jpg
image.jpg
No wind. No nothing but when I went out to flip the burgers tonight...voila! I don't even need to drag it to a wood pile. It's already there. Gee, the little things in life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Puff on May 12th, 2014, 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Re: Got a pleasant surprise tonight

Post by Gizmo » May 12th, 2014, 8:18 pm

So if a tree falls in the woods when no one is around is it still his fault? :huh:

Hope you didn't get in trouble Puff …..

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)

Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Re: Got a pleasant surprise tonight

Post by Puff » May 12th, 2014, 8:25 pm

No....I sometimes park the SUV in that hole. Got lucky tonight....thanks Gizmo

Slicing it up and tossing it on the log splitter log lifter will be the easiest tree in the last 25 years

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

Return to “Wood”