Mods for GF smoker

Also called Stump's Clone.
Stoutpigbbq
beginner
beginner

Mods for GF smoker

Post by Stoutpigbbq » August 31st, 2020, 1:22 am

I'm getting ready to start again on my GF smoker. Are there any more mods to improve the smoker before I start in. What I have learned so far, add 6" to cooking chamber. You can add inches to legs, but keep OD of smoker 36" or less. What would you guys suggest on skin plate thickness? I thought I have read of people using 16 gauge and having problem with warping? And is 1 1/2 tubing plenty big to use for frame or should I go 2"? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Texasbowhunter
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!

Re: Mods for GF smoker

Post by Texasbowhunter » September 4th, 2020, 10:03 am

One more thing you may consider if it hasn't been talked about in the earlier topic you posted...
I did not account for anything that would enclose my Multiple Temp cables other then having them sandwiched between the door and frame...
Works but if I was to do it again I would opt for designing a system that I could drop my leads thru to house the cables (wires) for the temperature probes for the food...
I had thought periodically that I would certainly consider individual conduit for each shelf of meat...Not one that would house all
I have my Controller attached (Hung) under portion of the smoker...Thought there is not as much heat and air flow to help keep the electronics cooler...Some has opt for a cavity fabed into the face, but since I was finished I had to figure something else out...
Im also considering fabing a table to my unit that will fold out of the way when not in use and unfold when its needed...Something attached to the side...Still in its development stage at this time...
Paul

Return to “Gravity Feed Smokers (GF)”