Horizontal smokers with a side firebox and tuning plates.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: February 7th, 2017, 1:06 pm
I just had a tank added to my offset smoker. The original CC has a 4"steel pipe with 1" holes running through it, the pipe was extended into the new addition, with it being open at the end. How can I control the heat going into the new CC?
- Big T
- Posts: 6035
- Joined: September 1st, 2013, 2:40 pm
- Title: Go Getter
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys
- Location: Lower Alabama
Can you post some pictures of your smoker and the inside of the FB and CC ? I'm not sure how big it is but a 4'' pipe doesn't allow much heat from the FB to the CC.
Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.
- Posts: 8456
- Joined: July 21st, 2012, 5:46 pm
- Title: Member
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...
- Location: Orlando, Florida
I would agree with BigT that pipe if that is all that moves the air through is not enough airflow. Post the dimensions of everything and I bet we can get you the help you need