Have questions about my new to me pit

Horizontal smokers with a side firebox and tuning plates.
308fan

Have questions about my new to me pit

Post by 308fan » February 17th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Hi guys. I bought this trailer from a guy in Nevada recently and he told me it came from Austin. The first pic is from when it was in Austin. I have two burning questions....

1. Does anyone recognize this bbq trailer and possibly know who owned it when it was in Austin area? Possibly about 5 years ago.

2. The pit has two stacks on it. Why would it have 2 stacks like this and how would I use them?

Thanks

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Re: Have questions about my new to me pit

Post by Big T » February 17th, 2017, 6:58 pm

I'm from L.A. so I've never seen the trailer but it is a nice looking rig. I can't imagine why it would have two stacks unless it didn't perform like they thought it should. What does it look like on the inside? Do both stacks come out of the high side of the CC or is one dropped lower ?

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Have questions about my new to me pit

Post by Rodcrafter » February 18th, 2017, 10:25 am

I can't tell if there's dampers on each of them as well. I would run the dimensions through the pit calculator right away and get an understanding of the flow before you start guessing.

Making memories!

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Return to “Standard Offsets”