Pipe Nipple

Any Accessories you can think of that you can build for your smoker or for cooking on your smoker.
aldaeron
beginner
beginner

Pipe Nipple

Post by aldaeron » May 24th, 2019, 12:07 pm

I need to order the air inlets for the smoke and am unsure where to buy weldable pipe nipples. Is something like this on McMaster what I am looking for? Googling around at schedule 40 "black coated steel" it appears to be weldable and should join to my 1018 hot roll just fine. If possible I would like to get it local (I am on Denver) but am unsure what type of place sells this size and threaded on one end only. Not even sure what to Google.

Thanks!

jose-da-weldr
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker

Re: Pipe Nipple

Post by jose-da-weldr » May 24th, 2019, 9:26 pm

Have you tried searching your local hardware stores? Sometimes they carry nipples with thread on both ends. If you need 2 or more you can cut them in half and you don't have to wait for it in the mail. And yes, it should weld to 1018 just fine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » May 27th, 2019, 10:36 am

I was able to find 1.5 and smaller locally but the bigger stuff came from Grainger. They ship super fast and have a whole bunch of fun stuff to spend money on. I always end up stocking up on safety glasses, ear plugs and the odd grit flap disks.

Smokerbuild
beginner
beginner

Post by Smokerbuild » July 22nd, 2019, 6:22 am

I bought mine from Amazon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Smoker Accessories”