My Center feed Smoker Plans

Discussion about Reverse Flow Smokers
Weyrider
beginner
beginner

My Center feed Smoker Plans

Postby Weyrider » November 13th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Here are my plans for my center feed Smoker. The CC and FB are actually tanks but I left the ends off as the were a bitch to draw on Libre Draw.
Center Feed Smoker Plans.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: My Center feed Smoker Plans

Postby Rodcrafter » November 14th, 2017, 6:05 am

I’m sure the “ references feet not inches. It was before my second cup of coffee and I thought you were making a tiny smoker. I don’t see any problems. I guess you are going to use charcoal for fuel.

Making memories!

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Weyrider
beginner
beginner

Postby Weyrider » November 14th, 2017, 10:34 am

Yes all measurements are in feet, I haven't figured out how to make the dimension change in Libre Draw yet, so my reminder is 12:1 scale. And Yes I planned on using Charcoal and Wood as fuel. My main concern was the FB being too small to heat the CC, if so I have another tank to mate with the one and can double the size if need be.

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Postby Rodcrafter » November 15th, 2017, 8:47 am

I have not built a vertical like this one. But knowing charcoal puts out 3x the BTUs of wood I don’t see any problem with it. I would guess it would take several burns to figure out the method for fueling it. You may need a maze for your charcoal. The person you need to talk to is Gizmo. He has made several of these. You can PM him and try to get him to talk to you. You may want to make a shadow plate between the FB and baffle plate.

Making memories!

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Weyrider
beginner
beginner

Postby Weyrider » November 15th, 2017, 10:48 am

I see what you mean and if Gizmo sees this he is free to chime in with any suggestions. On the bright side though, I have figured out Libre Draw to where I can draw arcs so my next set of plans should be more clear and less confusing. Its been 45 years since I was in college trying to be an Architect. I love drafting, and being retired and being a half assed welder, I am going to plan out a few smokers to build for friends. So I will draw up another set of plans and let you all look them over. I cant dimension in real scale so you could read them so I will continue to draw to a reduced scale so you all can read the dimensions.

Weyrider
beginner
beginner

Postby Weyrider » November 15th, 2017, 12:30 pm

Center Feed Smoker #2 front.odg
Center Feed Smoker #2 Rt Side..odg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Reverse Flow Smokers”